306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Carlos182's Astor Grey GTi-6 - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Photos and Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: 306 Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Carlos182's Astor Grey GTi-6 (/showthread.php?tid=2849)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Scott's Astor 6 - Scott - 17-11-2012

Win!! What colour is it?

RE: Scott's Astor 6 - cwspellowe - 17-11-2012

Blue. Tard.

RE: Scott's Astor 6 - samass - 17-11-2012

f*cked if i know, i just googled 'light blue wheels' lol

RE: Scott's Astor 6 - Matt - 17-11-2012

Wait what?! You and we actually have different cars? Or is this the same car just changed wheels? As can see ed in the background so guess he brought it back up to you for this pic

RE: Scott's Astor 6 - Curt - 18-11-2012

Bright colour needs to be done. Do it now.

RE: Scott's Astor 6 - Dum-Dum - 18-11-2012

Flip painted wheels mate, its the way forward.

Tempted to do it myself on the new wheels.

RE: Scott's Astor 6 - Niall - 18-11-2012

(18-11-2012, 05:02 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Flip painted wheels mate, its the way forward.

Tempted to do it myself on the new wheels.

shouldnt you fix the HG first? or is it already in a square metre cube on a pile in a yard somewhere?

RE: Scott's Astor 6 - Just Sean - 18-11-2012

Looks like ardon blue...

[Image: alloys1.jpg]

RE: Scott's Astor 6 - puglove - 19-11-2012

why not orange/ginger get some driver/wheel colour coding on the go?

RE: Scott's Astor 6 - Scott - 19-11-2012

I tried to but since I don't seem to show up in photos (you know, having no soul n all) it was really hard to get an example picture to give to a paint shop to get mixed up Sad

In other news! Having noticed that there was a blow in my exhaust on Saturday afternoon, I got in contact with a seller on the GTi forum and picked up a Longlife exhaust last night at 11pm lol My current exhaust is a standard system but has been blowing and has just been getting worse and worse, so I was pretty fed up of it. On the way home it started raining, but since I had a spare hour and a half before leaving for Ace, I thought f*ck it and got under the car and got it fitted Big Grin It's a little boomy, and could do with having a proper tip fitted, however it's pretty much spot on! It's a really nice volume overall and not at all boomy for the day-to-day driving that I do, so that's a good result!

It included a cat as well which is perfect as my MOT is in just over a week, but looking at the cat I believe it may actually be a sports cat! If that's the case then that's a result!

RE: Scott's Astor 6 - Curt - 20-11-2012

Nice one Smile

Was gonna say, you got rid of my one as it was too loud for daily duties! Standard system a bit too sensible? lol

Although, betcha it beds in louder than it is now...

RE: Scott's Astor 6 - Matt - 20-11-2012

My mongoose still hasn't bedded in haha. Still quite quiet.

Good job on the longlife Smile

RE: Scott's Astor 6 - ben87 - 20-11-2012

do the wheels to match your hair?

RE: Scott's Astor 6 - Ed Doe - 20-11-2012

As discussed over the weekend; nice purchase Scotty Tongue Get some photos of it fitted; I'm interested to see where the back-box hangs; it looks with the way the tip comes off the back-box it'd be tucked right up behind the rear bumper? To my mind that'd look quite nice actually Big Grin Anyways, pics and noise vids Wink

(20-11-2012, 08:21 AM)ben87 Wrote: do the wheels to match your hair?

(19-11-2012, 09:06 AM)Manlove Wrote: why not orange/ginger get some driver/wheel colour coding on the go?

[Image: th_2v8s760.gif]

RE: Scott's Astor 6 - Scott - 20-11-2012

lol

Curt for the most part its only a little louder than the standard system, so suits me perfectly Smile it wasn't so much of the standard being too sensible, it had a large hole in the back box that had already been repaired, plus when taking it off u saw that the centre section to back box had nearly fallen apart! I love the standard system on Kim's 6,but it's tough funding one in good condition. Plus I needed a cat for my mot next week, so this has worked very well Smile

I'll get some pictures this evening Smile

RE: Scott's Astor 6 - Dum-Dum - 20-11-2012

I have a nice exhaust tip if your interested.

RE: Scott's Astor 6 - Niall - 20-11-2012

(20-11-2012, 09:42 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I have a nice exhaust tip if your interested.

I already offered him my tip but he wasn't impressed when i got naked in the carpark of ace.

RE: Scott's Astor 6 - samass - 20-11-2012

^^ that and it's already firmly attatched to my pipe

Have you got a photo at all Chris?

Niall I'm always happy to see your tip but when it was already in use by Sam I've gotta say I was a little disappointed.

How are there no pics yet? You promised Scotty, I'm not happy!

oh right were talking about exhaust tips.....ooh my bad.

yeah just go to longlife and get a different one fitted.

http://www.longlife.co.uk/products/tails/

Anodised pink heart would be just perfect imo Tongue

(20-11-2012, 10:40 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: Anodised pink heart would be just perfect imo Tongue

it looks even worse in the flesh. when i got mine i asked him and he said he had sold one in about 6 years....to a saxo owner. it was a bloke as well lmao

lmao

Cheers for the link Niall. I'm going to measure up and see whether a 2.25, 2.5 or 3 inch tip would look best Smile

I'll take a photo in the morning just for you Ed!

scott mines a 3.5 i think and that looks a little on the chavvy side but fits the bumper perfectly. could be a 3....will measure my tip for you tomorrow! giggidy

Make sure you measure length and girth, they're both important.

Really though 3 inch tips do look good! I reckon an inward rolled 2.5 or 3 inch tip would be sweet Smile I also need to get a price from them too.

RE: Scott's Astor 6 - Ed Doe - 21-11-2012

I think inward rolled 3" is best, but I'm biased Tongue

3.5" does fill the cut out better as Niall has pointed out though!

Where are these pics of the system I was promised?!?!

RE: Scott's Astor 6 - Niall - 21-11-2012

(21-11-2012, 09:52 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: I think inward rolled 3" is best, but I'm biased Tongue

3.5" does fill the cut out better as Niall has pointed out though!

Where are these pics of the system I was promised?!?!

what are you doing on the forum? shouldnt you be spending time with....oh i give up. trolling you is getting boring!

Your not missing much. his is literally just a bit of stainless pipe. no proper tip on it.

RE: Scott's Astor 6 - Scott - 21-11-2012

I sent him a pic this morning! I removed one of the mounts earlier this evening as it was being pulled over to the side a little too much and was fouling the bumper, so that's done now but it's probably moving around a bit too much now. I'll try to find some slightly larger rubber mounts so it's not being pulled to the passenger side so far.

I think I'll be going for a 3 inch inward rolled tip Smile

Depending on the weather tomorrow evening I may fit some other ninja bits that I got at the weekend whistle

RE: Scott's Astor 6 - Ed Doe - 22-11-2012

Lol ninja bits.... To tell more Wink

And the pic I got yesterday morning does not count!! It was rubbish and you even said you'd get me more! Unacceptable!