306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Fog light removal?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What's the easiest way of taking the fogs out (ph3)? Please don't tell me its a bumper off job like Haynes are claiming???
Proper ball ache, I've got to have them off for tomorrow as I'm swapping them for some rallye blanks.
Cheers
its easier with the bumper off, and bumper off isnt a hard job. you can just about get away with reaching your hand up, but its feel job, you can shit. personally, i tried it, got f*cked off and took the bumper off. much easier and less stressfull
Bumper off will make it a LOT easier, but it can be done with the bumper on, as long as your good at working by feel.

It'd probably be quicker to whip the bumper off anyway tbh.

MTFU! Big Grin
I'm sorry but how the actual f*ck does anyone undo the top 10mm bolt on the foglights by 'feel'? There's no room to get at them with a spanner / socket!

Genuinely interested. And just to add, I also took my bumper off. Laid it down on a soft blanket and took my sweet time. Spent about 45 minutes in total and reassembled it on the wonk. Need to tighten the offside bolts securing the bumper to bring it level again. FML.
Well i managed on my old China. Tongue

Maybe depends what bits youve got extension-wise for the ratchet. Or even how busted the front of your car is. The china wasnt exactly a glowing example of a "straight" 306! lmao

I know i struggled with the DT, which is why i took the foglights out when i had the bumper off to do the radiator.
FML! Why does an easy job have to take an hour when it's raining? Lol
I've got a spare fog so gonna see if there's any in the scrap yard!
So does the same advice apply to the Ph2 fog lights? ie bumper off?
(Sorry to high-jack your thread!)
pretty much, it just makes it a whole lot easier
I know someone here who would take your fog lights off your hands!
I'm ment to be swapping them for a set of rallye blanks but don't wanna stand in the rain taking my bumper off to get to them!
Front bumper removal is fairly easy - just get the front end up on jack stands first and you're away!
Yeah - if they're the clear fogs I'm interested as it was me Pipps was referring to - finally going Ph3 front end already done my headlights with black masks.
Yeah I know but it's a pain in the arse having to
take bumper off
remove fogs
put bumper back on
meet him and swap for blanks
come home
take bumper off again
put blanks in
and then put the bumper back on again!!
Bit long winded when the weather is shite!

Did you not get them with the bumper?
If I don't swap with him, I'll buy some blanks and give you first shout on the lights!

Did you do the masks yourself?
Depo or valeo?
Is there a front bumper removal guide on here or does the Haynes manual spell it out fairly clearly?

Found this thread (http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-2973.html) but the link in Ginge191's post wouldn't work.

Any ideas?
I bought the masks already done and they're Depo but we(R45 ODV) took my Valeo frostys off with all brackets intact so if anyone has a set of Valeo crystals with broken mounts or wants to practice separating on these they're ideal
The bumper I'm getting doesn't have any fogs in it just holes but if the swap you're on about falls through I'll happily pay you up front then you can go to Peugeot order a new pair of blanks and swap them then send me the fogs.
FYI rallye blanks are £14 from, pug and noramlly take 2-3days to arrive
Have to agree with those who said to remove the bumper if you're changing the foglights. Took approx 40 mins on Wednesday, mind you I only changed the near side.
(25-10-2012, 05:01 PM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]FYI rallye blanks are £14 from, pug and noramlly take 2-3days to arrive

Really?? I've seen them at just over £20 on eBay but I'll nip to town tomorrow if they're that cheap!
Any idea of part numbers or will they know what I'm on about if I just ask for them?
Part number for the blanks oil-burner......7414 L2
Legend mate, cheers