306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: XUD into Partner/Belingo - help and advice please?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
need some help with this one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-PARTNE...true&rt=nc

i just bought this, with intention to drop a turbo lump into it.
can anyone see any problems that i may enounter?

as far as im aware (i havent reasearched atall) the engine is exactly the same as a 306 1.9d and so the dt lump should drop straight in?

if anyone knows any reason why not please help me out Smile
The late 1.9 yeah, dw8 engine.

Should be pretty simple. XUD only needs couple wires to run!
Woah thought you were jobless & homeless?

Looks like it could be epic though Smile
dw8,sorry ima complete noob, guessing there is no secret ecus or anything?

will the engine mounting points be there same?

and will i have to use the 1.9 box and shafts? or can i use a dt box with the 1.9
Probably easier to use the current box and shafts...

A dw8 diff is different to a xud one
so the way it looks

1.9DT engine, with the 1.9D gearbox and shafts? will the gear ratios be simialar between a DT and a 'D box?
if so could you put the diff from the 'D box into the DT box? or willthere not be much point?

my plan is to have quite a pokey van, so dont want to swap allthis stuff and then be held back by the gearbox lol
Nah, tried that once, diff is very different.

What you could try is swapping gearboxes with shafts...but Im not sure on shaft/hub end
The only thing that worries me is the mulitplex wiring thing?
ye sure boxes are different?

Id opt for dturbo box and shafts if there is a difference, personally find the n/a box way too short, forever changing gears, especially if you tune it a bit.

Id even go hdi box but thats me, nice purchase and a bargain, should be easy enough conversion, dw8 to xud has been done a lot on these forums.
100% on the boxes...only had them both stripped down a d next to each other couple weeks ago
The berlingo box is a push clutch system I'm using 306 Dt box and diff and berlingo shafts the standard box will be chronically shit
(09-03-2014, 10:59 PM)sweeney1987 Wrote: [ -> ]Id even go hdi box but thats me.

Excuse my ignorance,
Does an HDi box bolt straight onto an XUD then?
As my Partner van is a 2001 with DW8 engine, would I be better using an HDi box with an XUD engine, as in would it bolt onto the same/original Partner mountings then?
I'm guessing the HDi diff is higher geared than the XUD one, and obviously MUCH higher geared than the DW8 box in currently in my Partner. Is that right?

Thanks in advance.
Will
Hi I have just done this to my 2003 Berlin go you can't use the standard box because the dw8 and the xud sit at a slight different angle. the problem is the dw8 back mount won't line up on xud so shaft won't line up 

you will need to keep your flywheel or it will go into eco mod it needs a crank signal to wake it up that also make your rev counter work.the standard clutch will just not cut it so I got a Peugeot 180 fly and modified that works great also push clutch

I have ever thing you will need to know
(16-12-2014, 01:36 PM)xudlingo Wrote: [ -> ]Hi I have just done this to my 2003 Berlin go you can't use the standard box because the dw8 and the xud sit at a slight different angle. the problem is the dw8 back mount won't line up on xud so shaft won't line up 

you will need to keep your flywheel or it will go into eco mod it needs a crank signal to wake it up that also make your rev counter work.the standard clutch will just not cut it so I got a Peugeot 180 fly and modified that works great also push clutch

I have ever thing you will need to know

Cool, so use a XUD box then I take it?
if so, does it need to be box from a car with an electric speedo, or will the speed sensor I've already got fit either box?
What donor vehicle should I get a box from, 306/zx/xsara? (I have an engine already, no box though)
Will the Partner drive shafts fit the XUD diff/housing then?
My car is a 2001 Mk1 (M49) Partner

So sorry for all the questions, just trying to arm myself with as much info before a tackle this as the vehicle is my daily and I can't afford for it to be off the road for too long.
Mine is a pug 405 box had cable now electric speedo you will just need part of the short shaft from donner the end part that goes in the box 

If yours is a mk1 your box will be okay becomes it's the older style 
Is the 306 box not an electronic speedo drive?
its not the box that is "electronic", its a bolt in speedo drive which can be changed.
But it is an electronic drive fitted on the 306?
Both were fitted to 306s 
So even if I got a box with a standard/cable type speedo drive, that can be removed and changed to an electronic type drive then?
(17-12-2014, 08:54 PM)madwelshman Wrote: [ -> ]So even if I got a box with a standard/cable type speedo drive, that can be removed and changed to an electronic type drive then?

Yes that what I did speedo has pit sense of humour but works some have different amount teeth on drive even if both electric 
the cogs swap over, not part of the sensor
(17-12-2014, 09:36 PM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]the cogs swap over, not part of the sensor

That's what I mean
So what box do you recommend getting? 306/ZX/xsara
Does it have to be an XUD box? There are 3x 306's and 2x xsara in my local scrappy, all are HDi's though.
I'm going to fit hdi in to mine for longer ratios would recommend that 
I guessed the gearing would be higher on an HDi box, so one of those would be good to use, if it's not to much hassle to fit.
Do you know if there's much difference in mounting position between the XUD and Hdi?
Don't think so my box was the newer box it was same as A 206 and I had to fit the mount from the berlingo to it and move the position back mount on subframe
Yours is a Mk2 though isn't it. Mine's a late Mk1.
I don't know if there are any real differences between early and late Mk1's and between late Mk1's and early Mk2's though.
I'll probably get an HDi box and try and find an XUD box so I have both available.
Then, I might have to book a long weekend sometime, pull my engine and box out and try to/put the other ones in.
(17-12-2014, 10:55 PM)madwelshman Wrote: [ -> ]Yours is a Mk2 though isn't it. Mine's a late Mk1.
I don't know if there are any real differences between early and late Mk1's and between late Mk1's and early Mk2's though.
I'll probably get an HDi box and try and find an XUD box so I have both available.
Then, I might have to book a long weekend sometime, pull my engine and box out and try to/put the other ones in.

From what I have read they is lot less work with mk1. have a look were you crank  sensor is if on top box then you probably need you standard fly. but clutch is like a 1.4 clutch or use xud and lose rev counter.

i needed it because mine multi plex ed one 
Pretty sure my crank sensor is on top of the bell housing, I'll have to check though.
I'd like to keep the rev counter etc all working, so will try and use my DW8 flywheel on the XUD.
Pages: 1 2