306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Price of 306 HDI cats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Was wondering as in the title how much these go for as I have one and don't know if its worth weighing it in or selling it on to someone?
Forgot to add its OEM original
If its the original it will be worth a fair bit in scrap! But if its still working, probably best to try selling it first, might be worth more.
Ah thanks I will double check its original when I fit my decat this week and post up some pictures to make sure, Was just wondering what sort of money they are making for good condition/working original cats before pricing weighing it in for scrap
Honestly I don't know what they're worth, maybe check ebay to see if theres any on there.

If its non genuine though, it's not worth much, maybe a tenner on ebay or a couple of quid down the scrap yard. So just hope is original haha. Big Grin
Ah fingers crossed lol.. Also do I require a fitting kit to fit the decat pipe that I have bought. I was told I would need the fitting kit or else I wouldn't be able to put it on obviously using a new donut ring would be advisable but could I not just use the original botls etc that hold the original cat on to fit my decat pipe straight pipe straight on?

This is the decat pipe I have got: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-306-2-...43c1b26415

And if I require a fitting kit will this fitting kit work: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FK80084B-Peuge...43aad716bd

Assuming the reason for needing a fitting kit is because the original kit will be well seized on and bolts may need to be cut or is it not completely necessary?
i thought diesels had filters and not cats?
No diesels have catalytic converters well dturbos and hdis do...
[attachment=11467]

To you? A one time offer of £8000. Take it or leave it. Tongue
(10-11-2013, 11:41 PM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]i thought diesels had filters and not cats?

DPFs came in after 306s finished their production run iirc. Modern diesels will have DPFs, back in the day a cat was better than nothing.

Got £70 for my HDI cat recently

EMR was the scrap dealers, maybe a branch near you?
(11-11-2013, 10:59 AM)tigerstyle Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-11-2013, 11:41 PM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]i thought diesels had filters and not cats?

DPFs came in after 306s finished their production run iirc. Modern diesels will have DPFs, back in the day a cat was better than nothing.

Ah thanks theres a couple of scrap dealers in my area must see what they quote first before trying to sell it, take it this was for a genuine HDI cat?

Yup, this. Not all modern diesels have them either, it's all down to passing the current 'new car' emissions regs when they came out as the manufacturers won't waste money fitting a part that isn't essential for that. The 2.0 HDi90 got away without a DPF in the 307s as well. 1.9 PD's got away without DPF's until about '04. And the Vectra didn't need a DPF right up to about '08 (iirc) unless its the heavier estate version. It's one of the few modern things that I've avoided so far lol, cats are much easier to deal with as you can just get rid of them for a straight through, DPFs have to be mapped out which obviously costs!

£70!?

I've got one off my hdi and just haven't got around to slinging it yet.
Maybe I'll go see emr instead
I was gonna decat my hdi. I thought i needed to keep the cat for the MOT though? (sorry newbie question)
Nope, you don't need a cat on a diesel for MOT. As long as it passes the smoke density test it's fine. Smile
Awesome thanks Tom!
No 306s came with DPFs btw if anyone's interested.

Only difference with late 306s is that they came with doser valves on the inlet to force EGR induction and watercooled EGR - that came in line with the half multiplex "3 Plug" ECUs.