306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Sump Removal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My car doesnt have AC, but I think it power steering pump in at the bottom stopping the sump from coming out, I have removed all the sump bots and the fly wheel guard and have the sump hanging down half way on the gearbox side. Do I have to remove the PAS pump to get the sump off?

Im changing the gasket on it. I say changing,,. there wasnt even one left and all the bolts were almost hand tight.

Need help asap please guys...
Irs the bracket, and it has to come off...
Yeh in stock form you have gotta drop the PAS pump, its such a farce, I modded mine so you didnt need to.

Alot of them wont have gaskets from factory, just sealant.

Main thing is to not over tighten the bolts, as it bends the steel / makes humps and makes it leak like a sieve!

Either use a plain gasket or hymalar, not both.
Well I tried to take the pully off and rounded the bolt thats in the middle of the pully. So i abandond that, And decivded to put a slit in the gasket. Then fit that way, i have added a bit of blue gasket sealent to the surfaces as well. But the worst bit is, one of the bolts wont go back it, I have tried a differnet bolt in the hole but just wont bite in there. Im wondering if when removing it might have took the thread from inside with it???

I Havent tighten them up, basically I have do them up as if they are ready to be nipped up.....
Anybody know exactly how to lower the power steering pump? I want to change the sump gasket on my xud tomorrow.
you only need a gasket if its a steel sump like on the d8a, the later alloy sumps just need sealant

also its a good idea to make a cardboard template of the sump to put the bolts into in the order you take them off as they vary in length around the sump
(30-06-2013, 11:22 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: [ -> ]you only need a gasket if its a steel sump like on the d8a, the later alloy sumps just need sealant

Yeah I got sealant not an actual gasket. Just need to know how to move the pump out of the way to get at the 2 bolts.
(30-06-2013, 11:24 PM)KilianManning Wrote: [ -> ]
(30-06-2013, 11:22 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: [ -> ]you only need a gasket if its a steel sump like on the d8a, the later alloy sumps just need sealant

Yeah I got sealant not an actual gasket. Just need to know how to move the pump out of the way to get at the 2 bolts.

unfortunately you need to remove the alternator and pas pump to get at the bolts underneath, no other way around it Sad
(30-06-2013, 11:30 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: [ -> ]
(30-06-2013, 11:24 PM)KilianManning Wrote: [ -> ]

unfortunately you need to remove the alternator and pas pump to get at the bolts underneath, no other way around it Sad

U serious? Doh

Any other way I could get at the bolts?
nope, they are completely covered by the pump and alternator
(30-06-2013, 11:35 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: [ -> ]nope, they are completely covered by the pump and alternator

Ok Doh

Is it a big job to take off the alternator & pump?
nah not really, just slacken the tensioner, pop belt off then its a big bolt holding alternator on bracket and a 13mm (i think) at the top, pas pump is held on by a couple of bolts that are a bit of a pain to get to but easy enough once you see how to get to them with a socket, then undo the bolts holding the bracket on. dont need to disconnect the pas as there is enough movement in the pipe to move it out of the way
Of you have access to some sort of cutting tool, just cut the part of the bracket off
(30-06-2013, 11:41 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: [ -> ]nah not really, just slacken the tensioner, pop belt off then its a big bolt holding alternator on bracket and a 13mm (i think) at the top, pas pump is held on by a couple of bolts that are a bit of a pain to get to but easy enough once you see how to get to them with a socket, then undo the bolts holding the bracket on. dont need to disconnect the pas as there is enough movement in the pipe to move it out of the way

Doesn't sound to be overly difficult. Smile You definitely have to remove the alternator to get the pump off yeah?
yes, 100% haha. stop questioning it and just do it, not as bad as you think haha
(30-06-2013, 11:47 PM)Connor Wrote: [ -> ]Of you have access to some sort of cutting tool, just cut the part of the bracket off

What do you mean?

(30-06-2013, 11:54 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: [ -> ]yes, 100% haha. stop questioning it and just do it, not as bad as you think haha

Ok will do
The part of the bracket, that stops the sump from being removed, has no use and could just be cut off, allowing you to take the sump off without removing the bracket
(01-07-2013, 12:03 AM)Connor Wrote: [ -> ]The part of the bracket, that stops the sump from being removed, has no use and could just be cut off, allowing you to take the sump off without removing the bracket

Is that the bracket on the p/s pump?
Have you even looked under your car?
Ok, sump was done today , everything back together only now the serpentine belt is screeching. So i presume i need to tension/tighten the belt. How do i do this?