306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: fuel gauge fault
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi all ive just joined the forum i have a fuel gauge problem with my 306 cab.the low fuel warning light does not go out at all even if i put £20 of fuel in it.i have removed the multi plug from the fuel pump and the light is still on surely that carnt be right how can it be working if the multi plug isnt connected to the fuel pump/sender unit Undecided
(28-01-2013, 01:56 PM)martynpaul Wrote: [ -> ]hi all ive just joined the forum i have a fuel gauge problem with my 306 cab.the low fuel warning light does not go out at all even if i put £20 of fuel in it.i have removed the multi plug from the fuel pump and the light is still on surely that carnt be right how can it be working if the multi plug isnt connected to the fuel pump/sender unit Undecided

Sound like the sensor is naff.
(28-01-2013, 03:18 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: [ -> ]
(28-01-2013, 01:56 PM)martynpaul Wrote: [ -> ]hi all ive just joined the forum i have a fuel gauge problem with my 306 cab.the low fuel warning light does not go out at all even if i put £20 of fuel in it.i have removed the multi plug from the fuel pump and the light is still on surely that carnt be right how can it be working if the multi plug isnt connected to the fuel pump/sender unit Undecided

which sensor mate

(28-01-2013, 03:18 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: [ -> ]

ive tried a diff set of clocks aswell
sender unit in the tank lift rear seat on drivers side take cap off and youll find it crack the big nut off undoe pipes and electrical block and pull put and youll know what your looking at then, mine tends to stick
(28-01-2013, 03:29 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: [ -> ]sender unit in the tank lift rear seat on drivers side take cap off and youll find it crack the big nut off undoe pipes and electrical block and pull put and youll know what your looking at then, mine tends to stick

hi mate ive taken the multi plug off the the pump/sender unit and the light is still on surely that shouldnt be right if there is no power getting to the unit
Its not the sender. The sender doesnt control the light. The dials do. Just pull the bulb out and do it by the gauge. I had the same problem with my 106 and i never missed the light!
as niall says the dials control the light nothing to do with the tank sender
(29-01-2013, 10:09 PM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]as niall says the dials control the light nothing to do with the tank sender

hi mate the fuel guage dont work either Sad
sender.